Worry less about the person you once were, or the person you dream you someday will be. Worry about the person you are now. Or, don’t even worry, just be that person. Be the best version of that person you can be.
Cecil Gershwin Palmer, saying something that a lot of people, if they’re like me, need to hear on a consistent basis.
So, thanks, Cecil, Joseph, and Jeffrey.(via realhousewivesofnightvale)
Some people don’t get science. They think it is boring. Some people, they think it is boring. They think it’s full of boffins who think they know it all. It’s not like that. Scientists don’t think they know it all. It’s idiots who think they know it all, isn’t it? Scientists are the people who think they don’t know enough. That is why they are scientists because they want to know more at every turn. And every modern scientist, all the greats, they are standing on the shoulders of giants.
What happens is one scientist come up with an idea and all the others go, bloody hell, that’s brilliant. Hey I wonder what would happen if… that’s where their idea comes from.
Her name is Kylie Simonds. please don’t forget her name.
Kylie Simonds you are a badass of the highest order and I salute you. I would also like an IV pack for my infusions? You rock, kid.
"The Black Panthers have never viewed such paramilitary groups as the Ku Klux Klan or the Minutemen as particularly dangerous. The real danger comes from highly organized Establishment forces -the local police, the National Guard, and the United States military. They were the ones who devastated Watts and killed innocent people. In comparison to them the paramilitary groups are insignificant. In fact, these groups are hardly organized at all. It is the uniformed men who are dangerous and who come into our communities every day to commit violence against us, knowing that the laws will protect them.”
- Huey P. Newton, Sacramento and the “Panther Bill”
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
Sometimes since I’ve been in the garden I’ve looked up through the trees at the sky and I have had a strange feeling of being happy as if something was pushing and drawing in my chest and making me breathe fast. Magic is always pushing and drawing and making things out of nothing. Everything is made out of magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden — in all the places.
water is fucked up because you need it to live and then it drowns you just because it can
Oxygen’s even more fucked up because you need it to process your most basic functions and from the very first breath you take, it is already working on oxidizing literally every part of you. We spend our whole lives being broken down by oxygen, one chemical reaction at a time.
Science side is morbid tonight